Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Current favorites

Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae and Guy Parker-Rees got lost under the bed for a while, and I really missed it. Who says there's only one way to dance? You just need to hear the right music. That said, the dance the giraffe ended up doing looked like a regular dance to me.

The Curious Garden by Peter Brown: I liked this one because it was a quirky book about greening the city.

Pirate Boy by Eve Bunting was my favorite. It is the Runaway Bunny but with humans and the baby bunny goes on a pirate ship, and everyone, including the pirates is really nice. We might, and this is saying something because we have too much stuff, need our own copy.

Mr. Gumpy's Outing by John Burningham: we read a couple books in this series and really enjoyed them. I like it because everyone misbehaves like themselves and then they all want to be together again the next day.

Piano Piano by Davide Cali hit close to home. I wasn't forced to take piano, but my sister was. She doesn't play anymore. But what if she'd been offered another instrument? It might be too simple a solution; I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment