Saturday, December 6, 2014

Olivia by Ian Falconer

I remember when this book came out. I had just gotten a new niece named Olivia. I thought about getting her this book and related Olivia paraphernalia, but I didn't because I figured everyone else would have already thought of that and done it. I have regrets. This book is fantastic -- totally worth the hype back then.

My daughter says she likes everything about this book: that Olivia changes her clothes, that she wants her mom to read her 5 books, that she gets a time out. These are all things my daughter does every day. It's like reading a book about herself.

The artwork is very cool too, and I like the red and black. Of course, I love the inclusion of Edgar Degas, Jackson Pollock and Maria Callas -- you can't start cultural conditioning too early. I also love that they got to a museum. They obviously live in New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment