Saturday, November 8, 2014

Empty Fridge by Gaetan Doremus

I love this book. I love so many things about this book, I'm not sure where to start.

When I was a child, I remember hearing the book Stone Soup. In it, a community comes together to make a delicious soup despite each not having very much. I ordered Stone Soup for my daughter, but I got a version where some con men come to the town and take advantage of the villagers, manipulating them into making the soup instead of building community together with them. I did not like that version.

Empty Fridge is the same community-building story, even better. They live in an apartment building, and they get together all the time to make a meal together (it turns out in the end). What's more? They don't make soup, they make a quiche.

Now I am going to buy this book for my family and every urbanist family I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment