Think about, for example, in the unlikely event of your death:
- who will raise your children?
- will you leave enough money so that raising your children won't be a financial burden?
- when you calculate how much life insurance you need, take into consideration your social security benefit for your surviving dependents. You probably need less life insurance than you think.
- are the passwords to your many accounts someplace where whomever is dealing with your affairs will be able to find them?
- have you discussed your preferences with your family to minimize conflict as your affairs get resolved?